THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, April 17, 2009

i am home.

as i entered the gates of qwanoes, i wanted myself to feel out of place and in need of attention. but, instead of that, as i entered this property in which i refer to as "home" throughout the year, i do not feel as if i am in an awkward setting or a stranger. no, i feel home. its not just something i say when i miss qwanoes, it is the truth now. wherever the LORD is, that is home. so, idealy, home is where my heart is. but, multiple hearts are connected at camp. most of my friends, brothers and sister. camp is where i genuinly found Christ. this is such a [strage] but amazing feeling.

as i walked around searching for someone, i just grabbed a cup of joe as if it were the middle of august. i walked around not being scared to be completely alone(in the physical), but feeling more safe than i do for ten months of the year. turns out i found some folks washing dishes and as i saw them and they saw me they didnt treat me "special", but they treated me as if i was home. handing me a tray to put dishes on. i was overwhelmed with joy by this action.

some reading this might ask, "what? are you serious? dont you wish they, like, jumped for joy when they saw you?" and my answer to that is well, yes, its cool to get all excited. but i dont expect my mum to jump for joy everyday i come home from school. if this is "home" then i should be asked to immediatley help out. to say the least, i am so ecstatic to serve at "home" this weekend!


well, scatter-brained daniel is unfortunatley losing his train of thought...

Godbless and may Christs will be done!

1 comments:

Lauren said...

This is the most beautiful thing I think I've ever seen you write.
I love this story. And I love you.